Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous

The moon is huge as I write this the evening of October 26, watching it rise. It's not quite as full as it will be tomorrow, but it is 50% illuminated, which is why it's called the Waxing Gibbous moon. It was quite visible in the late afternoon as I was driving east before the sun was gone. I drove up where I  could shoot this from a hilltop. To see the moon features, please click to enlarge the photo.


By the time you read this on October 27, you can look forward to seeing a full moon. I missed the larger harvest super blood moon last month because the clouds made it invisible. The sunset that night, though, was spectacular. Click the link to see those photos if you missed that post.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful capture. I noticed the moon rise tonight, it was really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...