Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Another Floral Surprise: A Shy Little Hollyhock

A Hollyhock in October?


This afternoon I wanted to give my gardener some instructions, so I went into the yard to show him which shrubs I wanted him to trim. As I was pointing out a juniper, I saw this little hollyhock hiding behind the hyssop. I had never even suspected it was there. It's a flower God planted. I have read that they grow like weeds, but I don't mind. I welcome their cheerful little faces when they show themselves. I wish all "weeds" were as beautiful.


Shy Little Hollyhock in Mid-October, © B. Radisavljevic
Shy Little Hollyhock in Mid-October, © B. Radisavljevic





Now it's time for tea.



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise to find a hidden hollyhock. There is something about the shape and structure of any flower that resembles a hibiscus that is very appealing. Maybe they make me feel happy because they bring back fond memories of vacations in tropical places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. This one looked as though it was hiding behind the leaf. I had to pull the leaf away to take the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...