Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Burning the Candle at Both Ends Burns Me Out

Fire in Fireplace, © B. Radisavljevic
Enjoying Time with Friends Around a Fire
Life is catching up with me. Medical issues have arisen, including the need for cataract surgery at the end of the month and the beginning of next month. That means pre-op and post-op appointments filling the calendar and some recovery time during which I may not be able to get to the computer. We also need to  go  out of town for a couple of days to attend an important reunion before that.


I don't want to get too stressed and burn out trying to keep my current blogging schedule while I  have these extra real life commitments, I have decided to take a mini-blogging break. That will mean for an indefinite time period I will actually treat this blog the way I intended when I started it. I will keep my commitment to the City Daily Photo Blog international network by posting one photo a day I have taken in my local area with some words to describe it. I will observe theme day. But I will not be writing long posts until  I have more time.

This will enable me to schedule ahead for days I'm not sure I'll be able to post. I appreciate your understanding during this time, and hope you will still stop by to see the daily photo. In the meantime, enjoy this poster available at Zazzle. Here's the quote you see on it.

My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends-- 
It gives a lovely light. 
Edna St. Vincent Millay

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your medical issues that are getting in the way of what you want to do, but it is so sensible to prevent stress and burn-out by taking a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vicki. Sometimes we just can't do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your medical issues get resolved soon. Always take care of yourself first

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Audrey. That is the smartest thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...