Saturday, October 24, 2015

Best Deal on Pumpkin Pie Around

You Can't Beat This Price for Pumpkin Pie


On Thursday I made the monthly trek to San Luis Obispo for a medical appointment. Since I was already there, I went to Costco. I spent more than I planned because they finally had everything in stock they've been out of on my last three monthly visits -- broiled chicken strips, Kirkland salted almonds, and all my favorite kinds of chocolate. Well, almost all of them. It's probably good they didn't have them all because I overspent as it was. After all, the one thing about shopping at Costco is that you never know when  they will stop stocking your favorite products. That's why when they have them I buy a two-month supply.

Costco's Pumpkin Pie, © B. Radisavljevic
Costco's Pumpkin Pie

I had to buy the pumpkin pie. My husband loves it and refers to it as "vegetables" to justify eating it. The pie is delicious, huge  (11" around and an inch deep), and only $5.99 at the San Luis Obispo store. I don't think I could make two pies myself for that price, and the Costco pie is about as big as two of my 9-inch pies would be. I have a very good recipe, but my pies aren't really any better than  this one. It's equal to about three Trader Joe pies, which are also delicious, but last time I looked their small pies were as expensive apiece as Costco's huge one.

As I update this in 2017, I just picked up another pie at Costco yesterday. Guess what? It was still only $5.99.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...