Monday, November 9, 2015

Studios on the Park, 11-7-15, Part 1

Back Wall of the Studio of Anne Laddon and Tamara Thornton at Studios on the Park, November 2015, © B. Radisavljevic
Back Wall of the Studio of Anne Laddon
 and Tamara Thornton at Studios on the Park, 
Whenever I visit Studios on the Park, my first stop is usually at the first door to my left -- the studio of Anne Laddon and Tamara Thornton. Today neither of them  was there when I was, but I was still able to get some photos of their studio walls. The back wall, pictured here, displays paintings of both of them. Just click to enlarge any photo  for a closer look.

Anne Laddon's Display Wall at Studios on the Park, November 2015, © B. Radisavljevic
Display of Anne Laddon's Paintings in her Studio


Anne's wall shows a number of florals and still life works. It also appears she's been on some of those trips to Hearst Castle with the children in the Kids are Art Smart Program. She hasn't stopped painting vineyard scenes, though. I think I saw some of her colorful paintings of cows and goats hidden in a corner.



Tamara Thornton's Paintings on Display at Studios on the Park, © B. Radisavljevic
Tamara Thornton's Paintings on Display at Studios on the Park
Tamara is showing some of her dog paintings she's so good at. I love the one on the back wall of the dog in the chair with all the ties on the wall behind. The dogs on her side wall are a bit more dressed up. I love the pigs. I believe she will also paint your pets if you want to commission her to do them.

If you missed Art After Dark Saturday night, you don't have to miss the art. You can still visit Studios on the Park on Thursday through Sunday of each week. See Studio on the Park's website for hours and other information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...