Monday, May 11, 2015

J is for Judy Lyon, Artist

Judy Lyon in Studio, Photo © B. Radisavljevic
I first met Judy Lyon in her studio at Studios on the Park in Paso Robles. Although she lives in Cambria, and paints many scenes from there, she is an artist in residence at Studios on the Park and has been there as long as I can remember. This photo shows her in her studio there during the 2012 Festival of the Arts.

What you can't see in the photo above to the left is the wall of her studio that displays more of her work. That is below in this photo I took in January, 2014, during the "Lighten Up" exhibit at Studios on the Park. Judy herself was not there that day, but this photo gives you a better idea of her subjects. She works in watercolor and oils. You can click the photo to enlarge it for more detailed viewing.

Judy Lyon's Studio, Photo © B. Radisavljevic



I love Judy's landscapes. I especially like this one, which she displayed as her personal pick in an exhibit by that same name at Studios on the Park. It was painted of a scene very close to my home near Jack Creek Road and Highway 46 West. I have often walked there. I took the photo on May 5, 2012.









Follow Barbara Radisavljevic's board Art: CA Central Coast on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...