Monday, May 4, 2015

C is for Croad Vineyards and Tasting Room


The View from the Patio at Croad, © B. Radisavljevic
The View from Croad
It seems the wineries and vineyards I love most are very close to where I live. Croad happens to be the very closest to me. Martin Croad's vineyards are on the other side of my back  fence,  and I've been  watching those grapes grow since they were planted. I enjoy the harvest season every year, and I've watched it in progress. I've also seen what happens to the grapes after harvest.

I have visited many other tasting rooms in Paso Robles and Templeton, and Croad's definitely has one of the best views in this area . One can sit on the patio outside the tasting room by the fountain and see all the neighboring vineyards near highway 46 West and Vineyard Drive. I see Kristi Trimmer, who stayed in the Inn at Croad for two days, agrees with me about the view. (To see my photo better, just click to enlarge it.0

Unlike Kristi, although I watched the Inn being built from across my fence, I've never been in it. But I have walked most of the property taking pictures during harvest season. You can find the rest of my photos and the video tour of both the harvest and the wine making process here: Croad Wines from Vineyard to Bottle, A Photo Essay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...