Thursday, May 14, 2015

M is for Moonstone Beach

Man Walking on Moonstone Beach in Cambria, © B. RadisavljevicAlthough Moonstone Beach is in Cambria, not Paso Robles, it is the closest beach to Paso Robles and  my favorite place in the North County to view our coast. I like to walk on the boardwalk,  or on the beach as this man is doing. If you can't see him, you can click to enlarge this or any photo here.




Building with Driftwood on Moonstone Beach in Cambria, © B. Radisavljevic
One thing I enjoy about Moonstone Beach is watching what people build. There is always driftwood in interesting shapes, and people make huts or other structures to demonstrate their creativity. Another favorite occupation is looking for interesting stones or rocks. I have often found jade there.


"Lovers Bench" on Moonstone Beach in Cambria, © B. Radisavljevic

Moonstone Beach has many interesting trees. One of them hides this secluded bench that I call the "lovers' bench." I very often come across couples sitting there where not many people are looking as they walk along the boardwalk  above. It's a great place to view the ocean.



January at Moonstone Beach in Cambria, © B. Radisavljevic


It seems I most often visit Moonstone Beach in autumn or winter when there aren't  as many people. This photo was taken in January and picks up some of the color from the flora. You can see the most common of the fauna below.




Squirrel on Boardwalk at Moonstone Beach in Cambria, © B. Radisavljevic
One of our most interesting Moonstone Beach experiences was observing a family celebration where three generations were flying stunt kites together. They graciously allowed me to capture them flying the kites on video. I had never seen stunt kites before. It was really fun to watch two in the air at once. You might enjoy watching the video that shows not only what it's like to play at Moonstone Beach, but also how much fun these kites can be as a family activity.



Some of my other Moonstone Beach photos are in my Zazzle Barb's California Card and Gift Gallery Store. Here's a sneak preview.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely images. Makes me want to go there. We've spent a little time in Paso Robles, but not Cambria. Putting it on the list! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must go if you get a chance. You won't be sorry.

      Delete
  2. Barbara, I've been to some of California's beaches, but I don't think I've been to Moonstone Beach. It looks like a beautiful place to spend the day and take a walk. Thanks for sharing your amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of our beaches are lovely in their own way, but I like the ruggedness of Moonstone Beach. Thanks for stopping by to comment.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...