Thursday, May 28, 2015

Z is for Zoo

Parrots at Charles Paddock Zoo, Atascadero, © B. Radisavljevic
I've already written plenty about Zenaida and a bit about ZinAlley, so I'm taking you to the only zoo in our area -- the Charles Paddock Zoo in the Atascadero Lake Park. I'm not going to show you much because it's a very small zoo in comparison to those I've seen in Santa Barbara, Tustin, Los Angeles, and San Diego. I took  this photo on July 4, 2012. They normally offer free admission on Independence Day when the city parties there.


Flamingos at Charles Paddock Zoo, Atascadero, © B. Radisavljevic

When I took the photo above the zoo was very  crowded and it was difficult to get a clear view of most cages occupied by mammals.  Many cages were empty. I took this photo of the flamingos in March of this year when I went to check on the level of the lake. I was happy to see some water in it.

How far away is your closest zoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...