Saturday, May 2, 2015

Paso Robles A-Z: A is for Amsterdam Coffee House

Amsterdam Coffee House, Paso Robles. Photo © B. Radisavljevic
So many bloggers are doing A-Z  challenges, I thought I'd join the fun. In a city like Paso Robles, it should not be at all hard to find sights for every letter of the alphabet. So we will start with the Amsterdam Coffee House on 13th Street. Amsterdam is a popular meeting place for those who live in Paso Robles, as well as a great place for city visitors to stop and relax

I first learned this a few years ago when Millie Drum, the business writer for the very popular Paso Robles Magazine, made an appointment to interview me there about my book business. Many people make appointments to meet there one on one or in small groups. Its location in the center of town makes it conveniently located for business people to meet clients or just take a break. People buy their coffee or other beverage and maybe one of the baked goodies or more healthy snacks, and find a place to sit and chat. If one wants something more substantial, there are also breakfast and lunch options.

Relaxing at Amsterdam Coffee House, Paso Robles. Photo © B. Radisavljevic

The first thing I noticed the day I took these pictures is how comfortable everyone looked.  I arrived during the late afternoon while it wasn't crowded, and the people I saw felt free to sit and read, use their mobile devices, or just hang out and talk. I could feel the stress of the day roll off as I observed so many relaxed people around me. I was greeted by the baristas immediately as I approached them and they gave me permission to take these photos.

Some of the Treats at Amsterdam Coffee House, Paso Robles. Photo © B. Radisavljevic
If you are planning a trip to Paso Robles, you might want to stop at Amsterdam for a pick-me-up when you're ready to rest. This is the beverage menu. The baked treats and food aren't listed. You'll have to read the chalkboards when you get here. Meanwhile, you can have a look in the bakery case photo for an idea. You can enlarge the photo by clicking on it.



Follow Barbara Radisavljevic's board Paso Robles Wine Country on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...