Monday, April 20, 2015

An Introduction to the Sculpture of Paso Robles Artist Dale Evers

At Dale Evers' Studio, © B. Radisavljevic
I first discovered Dale Evers when I was walking by the Paso Robles Library one day and saw his studio across the street. It was fascinating because the outside of it was decorated with fantastic and imaginative metal sculptures. I can't find those first photos at the moment, but a few months ago I walked by the studio again and this caught my eye.


Dale Evers' "The Great Communicators" - © B. Radisavljevic
On another occasion, my husband and I paid our first visit to Cayucos. Near the entrance to the pier we saw this sculpture. Then I read the plaque beneath it and discovered Dale Evers had created it in memory of his father, Ellis W. Evers. You can enlarge any of these photos by clicking on them.

Since then I have been discovering how diverse Dale's work is, and how far away some of it has gone. The Dale Evers Website will show you much more about him and his work than I can here, but it's well worth a peak if you like  sculpture.

Dale Evers' Sculpture at Sculpterra - © B. Radisavljevic
The last time I saw Dale's work was on July 4, 2014, at a party at Sculpterra Winery. I hadn't realized then that Dale Evers was the new artist in residence at Sculpterra until I saw this sculpture near the tasting room and the style looked very familiar. Sure enough, it was Dale's work.  This also looks exactly like the sculpture that lived next door to me in the ZinAlley Vineyard for a long time. It is not there anymore, so it may have been moved to Sculpterra.

Are you familiar with Dale Evers' work?

2 comments:

  1. I love the vertical quality of her sculptures. The one of the dog is so cute because it captures something that dogs love to do when they're iin cars:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Dale is male, but I did love this sculpture of the dog. You are right. That is what dogs do in cars. It's just unique when only the door and the dog are there. It just grabs you. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...