Thursday, April 16, 2015

Superior Court In Paso Robles

Paso Robles Superior Court House, © B. Radisavljevic

In the desire to escape after finishing our taxes, I started a book. Reading is one of my favorite  ways to relax. I chose The Innocent Man by John Grisham. It is one of Grisham's true legal thrillers. So far I am finding it gripping and shocking, as it is obvious that the detectives aren't being thorough.


It has me thinking about the way police can be so anxious to convict someone for a crime they sometimes can go after an innocent person. That, of course, reminds me of our court system, and of the protection the jury system is supposed to provide. It's not perfect, as this book shows. But it's still the best system I can think of.

When I first moved here, Paso Robles did not have a real  courthouse in the city. Superior Court was in the County Seat in San Luis Obispo. It was only a few years ago we finally got our own Superior Court. That's it in the photo above. Sure beats the old temporary building they used to use for traffic court.

Back of Paso Robles Superior Court House, © B. Radisavljevic
Most people only notice the front of the building as pictured here. I think the courtyard in back with its large oak trees is also impressive. What do you think?

I have put the front of the courthouse on a postcard and a poster, which is shown  below on Zazzle.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...