Monday, April 13, 2015

A Walk Down Dover Canyon Road from Vineyard Drive

Dover Canyon Road, Templeton, ©B. RadisavljevicDover Canyon Road is one of my favorite walks. I normally park by the cemetery on the corner of Dover Canyon Road and Vineyard Drive and walk to the bridge. That is one mile one way with a climb of 113 feet. The walk begins at the Willow Creek Cemetery. When you get past the cemetery, the road looks like this if there has been rain recently. If not, this part of the walk may be hot and dusty and the meadows brown.


The day I took these photos was March 28, 2011, and it was a year we had rainfall and there was water in the creek running along the road. You can enlarge any photo by clicking it.

Dover Canyon Road, Templeton, ©B. Radisavljevic


Eventually the road curves and takes you into a more forested region where you will find more shade in summer.

Dover Canyon Road, Templeton, ©B. Radisavljevic


This is where the trees begin to get really interesting. The Spanish moss on most of them can make you think you are in an enchanted forest. 

Trees Along Dover Canyon Road, Templeton, ©B. Radisavljevic



Finally after going through the forest and maybe past a horse farm, you will reach a small flat bridge. From it you can see the creek flowing through the forest. 

View from Bridge on Dover Canyon Road, Templeton, ©B. Radisavljevic


I have never gone past the bridge. The road does not go through. I believe it ends in private property. You can also find Dover Canyon Road going north off Highway 46 West. I have a friend that lives at that end, but the two parts of the road do not connect. This is a walk I really enjoy in the spring or winter when the weather is still cool and there is a chance the fields are green.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to walk! Thank you for sharing your lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, wish you could walk it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! My blood pressure dropped just reading this and looking at the photos - it's a beautiful day here and I should get my behind moving for a walk too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, glad I could help with the blood pressure. I'm really missing my daily walks. Hoping I can resume them soon.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...