Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Restaurants Come and Restaurants Go

Sign for Wilson's Restaurant in Paso Robles, in 2013, not long after it had closed. © B. Radisavljevic
I'm always sad when I walk by abandoned businesses. I can only hope they will be sold to someone who will bring them to life again. That is especially true of restaurants. I had always wanted to try Wilson's, but it closed at three in the afternoon, and I rarely was free to go out that early. It's too late now.




Wilson's Restaurant in Paso Robles, in 2013, not long after it had closed. © B. Radisavljevic
In 2013, at some point after I heard Wilson's had closed, I decided to go take a photo of the closed restaurant at the corner of 28th and Spring. I have a thing about wanting to document the history of downtown as it happens. For many people, Wilson's is part of that history.

I took these photos in March, 2013. I went by again today after finding a listing at this address for Wilson's in the current Yellow Pages and I wanted to double check before publishing this. It is still closed and there is now a for sale sign on this sign.

Have you ever eaten at Wilson's? Have any of your favorite restaurants gone out of business?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...