Friday, April 24, 2015

Two Very Different Cats: One Shy, the Other Sociable

The Shy Little Kitty


It was cold and windy today, but I went to Larry Moore Park to walk in spite of the weather. The wind tried to blow my hat off but it was tied to my neck. It blew off my head anyway, so it hung around my neck. I decided to turn back. It just wasn't fun anymore, and it was hard to take pictures of the plants when the wind kept moving them.


Cat peaking though hole in fence. © B. Radisavljevic


Because my knee is still giving me trouble I had driven to the park instead of walking. I took the way home past my mailbox with the intent of picking up my mail. As I parked, I saw a kitty perched between the slats of this broken fence. It would have made an ideal  shot, but as I expected,  the cat went back  behind the fence when I opened the car door.

I know that although kitties are shy, they are also curious. I was relying on that when I looked through the slats at an angle. It's not exactly the picture I was hoping for, but I'm happy with it. I'm glad the cat stayed close to the fence instead of running out of sight to hide.





Logan Is Not So Shy



I have a lot of cats in my neighborhood. Some are more friendly than others. I got acquainted with this cat when he came to visit me every night while I worked in the garden. He enjoyed getting drunk on my cat mint. This is my favorite photo of Logan, who loves to pose for me.


Black cat looking at hornworm on borage plant. Cat peaking though hole in fence. © B. Radisavljevic


He is looking intently at a hornworm on that borage plant in front of him.  He loves to patrol my garden, but, unfortunately, he also tries to do other business where he shouldn't, so I don't encourage him to linger anymore.

Do you have neighbor cats who visit you?

2 comments:

  1. always nice to see kitties - love your photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty partial to kitties myself. I tend to identify with them more than any other animal. Teaks for stopping by.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...