Saturday, April 4, 2015

The First Churches In Templeton

Bethel Lutheran Church, Templeton, CA, © B. Radisavljevic

I'm writing this on Good Friday, so I did not get out for a walk today. I thought, instead, I would show you my photo of the oldest Lutheran church in California still worshiping in its original building,  Bethel Lutheran Church, here in Templeton. This building was completed in 1891. It was the second church in Templeton to be organized and was born on August 27, 1887.

The first church to be organized in Templeton was the First Presbyterian Church. An article on the website of the Templeton Historical Society has photos of the original buildings of both churches as they looked in their early days. Take a look at the difference in the trees around Bethel Lutheran.


What historic churches do you have in your town?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...