Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Celebration of the Rain

Sun Reflected on Sidewalk after Rain. © B. Radisavljevic
Sun Reflected on Sidewalk after Rain. © B. Radisavljevic
It seems the sun likes to come out on dreary days most often just before it goes down. Such was the case today. It was overcast and rainy almost all day, and then, just at that point when it was low and bright on the horizon, the sun came out. It was so bright, my camera could barely handle the reflection on the sidewalk.


Naturally, I thought this might be my only chance for a while to practice photographing the raindrops on the plants. These are some I was happy with. There weren't many roses left in the yard after so many weeks without rain, but I was able to find one near the top of the bush. Click photos to enlarge them for a better view of details.

Rose after Rain. © B. Radisavljevic
Rose after Rain. © B. Radisavljevic

Rue after Rain. © B. Radisavljevic
Rue after Rain. © B. Radisavljevic
This is probably my favorite. It's amazing this hollyhock is even here, but its cup filled with rain.

Hollyhock after Rain. © B. Radisavljevic
Hollyhock after Rain. © B. Radisavljevic

The rain was even kind enough to wash my car and the sun painted temporary photos on my windows with the reflections of the sky and trees.

Rain-washed Car with Picture Windows © B. Radisavljevic
Rain-washed Car with Picture Windows © B. Radisavljevic


We will continue our series on art at Studios on the Park during the rest of this week,  but I wanted to celebrate the rain while I was still feeling the joy it brought me as it touched my garden.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, you really do take some fantastic shots.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...