Saturday, November 21, 2015

Solar Panels Aren't as Pretty as Vineyards

Solar Panels at Edge of Niner Vineyard, © B. Radisavljevic
Solar Panels at Niner Estates on Edge of Vineyard
I respect the rights of private property owners to do what they think best with their property, and to save money on electricity. But I think Niner looked much better before they did this to their vineyards so close to the tasting room and where they blight the view from 46 West. I guess I should be glad they didn't put them on Heart Hill. It is too bad, though, that they didn't have somewhere to put them farther from the tasting room and the road, hidden a bit more.

The Same Niner Vineyard in on November 19, 2011. ©B. Radisavljevic
Edge of Same Vineyard, November 19, 2011
I used to think Niner was the one of the most attractive properties in 46 West Wine Country. This is how this same vineyard looked almost exactly four years ago on November 19, 2011. I prefer hay to solar panels as a compatible vineyard companion.  I hope Niner hasn't started a trend. I hope other wineries will tuck any solar panels they put in where they can't be seen from the road or from my back yard.

Which view do you like better?

Below is one of the best views from Niner Estates -- Heart Hill. These beverage coasters will help you remember it. I offer both the autumn and summer views.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...