Sunday, November 29, 2015

First Decorated House in my Neighborhood Goes Live

First Decorated House in Neighborhood Ready to View


What a difference electricity can make! As I walked to the end of the block last night, I wanted to see if any of the homeowners who had started decorating had finished their displays. Only this house on the corner was live with their lighted decorations. I didn't have a tripod, so I used a flash to capture this scene. This is only part of it. It's a large front yard.


First Decorated House in my Neighborhood Goes Live


Here's the view of the front of that same house last year, which is pretty much how it looks this year.

First Decorated House in my Neighborhood Goes Live


This is how that house looked in the daytime Friday.



What a difference a day makes! And a night!

Update December 4,  2016

As I drove over to pick up my packages from the mailbox today, I saw those same neighbors are getting a later start this year. Most of my neighbors are. A few minutes ago they were just beginning to unpack the decorations and start setting them up. Looks like the display won't change much this year. There's probably no good reason why it should. 

How early do you like to see outdoor Christmas decorations  appear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...