Sunday, November 8, 2015

Downtown Paso Robles after the Sun Goes Down

I went to the library just before it closed tonight to return and get more large print books to read after I have the cataract removed from my right eye on Wednesday morning. This worked out well last week when I got the cataract removed from my left eye. Working at the computer hurt because the monitor was so bright, but I could read the large print books without a problem.

Trio Bella Amore at Studios on the Park, 11-7-15, © B. Radisavljevic
Trio Bella Amore Warming Up at Studios on the Park
I don't often get downtown when it's starting to get dark, but I did want to get over to Studios on the Park  to see what's new. I haven't had a chance to get there in weeks. It's usually most festive on Art After Dark nights, but I couldn't stay until it got really dark at six. That's a shame, because although I did see the art on display, most of the artists hadn't arrived yet or were still at dinner. The musical entertainment, Trio Bella Amore, was just getting ready to perform and I wish I  could have stayed to hear them. I could tell from the warm-up it would be my kind of music. Studios on the Park always chooses musicians well.

11th Street, Paso Robles, at Dusk,11-7-15, © B. Radisavljevic
11th Street, Paso Robles, at Dusk © B. Radisavljevic
Much had changed again at the Studios, but I did find work by artists I hadn't seen before, as well new work by artists I've been following for a long  time. I will be sharing some of that art in the coming week. Tonight, though, I will just  share the photos I took on 11th Street as I walked back to the library parking lot. Powell's Sweet Shoppe is between the two palm trees.

Restaurants on 11th Street at Dusk, © B. Radisavljevic
Restaurants on 11th Street at Dusk, © B. Radisavljevic
This photo shows a closer look at some of the places one can eat downtown. There are many more places on Pine itself, but I only photographed these because I was walking this way and it was so different than when I'd walked it with the sun still out earlier. Lights can make buildings look much more exciting than they look in natural daylight. They seem to glow in the shadows.

Do you prefer to walk the streets of your city at night or during daylight? Why?

2 comments:

  1. I'm more of a lark than an owl so I am seldom out after dark. I can see why some people are night owls though, since there is something magical about the evening with the lights shining from the buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lights do add something special, but it is now dark before 6 p.m. so even larks can enjoy the night lights a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...