Saturday, November 7, 2015

As I Was Chasing the Clouds I Caught the Train

Amtrak Train in Paso Robles, ©B. Radisavljevic
Amtrak Train in Paso Robles, ©B. Radisavljevic
It's not always easy to find a good place to take sky pictures when the clouds are just right. I have discovered a few spots where I can get clear of buildings and tall trees, and one of those places is the end of Pine Street near Derby Estates. It is there I went to chase the clouds on October 25, 2014. What I did not expect was that the Amtrak train would go by just as I was getting out of my car. For an enlarged view of this or any photo on this page, just click it.

Amtrak Train in Paso Robles, ©B. Radisavljevic
I have a thing about trying to catch trains with my camera, and that sometimes means that I have to run in the direction they are headed. Fortunately, I saw this train before I had my neck surgery, so I could still chase it. This train is not far out of the depot and it's still going slow. You can see the Superliner sleeper cars well in this photo.



Amtrak Train in Paso Robles, Clouds, and Power Liines, ©B. Radisavljevic
Since I was running to catch the train, I wasn't focusing too well on the clouds I originally had come to capture. In this last photo, though, as the train was heading south around the bend at the end of Pine and was almost out of sight, I caught a bit of the clouds above it. It's unfortunate I could not get past the power lines and wires before the train got to this place. One of these days I may have to look up the schedule so I can get in position at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...