Monday, February 16, 2015

A Pig -- Up Close and Personal

A Return Visit to the Pig on Oak Lane


Today I went back to see the pig on Oak Lane and get some better photos. She was in the mood to pose today, so I thought you might like to see her. Even though she appeared to be somewhat afraid of me and at first ran when I approached the fence, she finally got curious enough to come take a closer look at this human creature pointing a camera at her. I had to be very patient and quiet to keep her from running away again.


A Pig -- Up Close and Personal



She finally came right up to the fence sideways as you see in this photo. But that still seemed to hide a lot of her. I was amazed at the amount of noise she made. I can usually hear her before I see her because she is loud. When  she snorts, she sounds like an old tractor that has stalled and is trying to start again. ( Listen in the video below.)


A Pig -- Up Close and Personal



Just to let you know what these pigs sound like, I made a video on one visit to them. Here it is.





This pig decided to push her snout right through the fence, as you see below. I decided she couldn't top that, so I moved on down the road to see what else I could find. Stay tuned.

A Pig -- Up Close and Personal


 If you think others might enjoy these photos, why not share this post? There are sharing buttons below. The image below was designed to share on Pinterest.

A Pig -- Up Close and Personal


Have you raised or had any experiences with pigs? Why not comment on it below so we can all enjoy what you have to say?