Saturday, February 21, 2015

Alpaca Wool at Farmers Market

I learned to love alpacas when some used to live near us in Templeton. After they moved away about a year ago, I missed them. Then last November I was walking through Farmers Market in Paso Robles and found this booth with lots of photos of alpacas, so I had to check it out.


Alpaca Wool at Farmers Market


 As I looked around I saw some organic almonds for sale and a variety of alpaca yarns in vibrant colors. Some had already been made into hats and scarves. I also spotted a spinning wheel in the booth and persuaded Daphne Capaldi, of the Capaldi Ranch, to demonstrate it for me. She was very gracious and invited me to come see the ranch. Unfortunately, that had to wait, since I was preparing for major surgery that would keep me homebound until February.


I have missed the alpacas that used to be close to us.  I have immortalized them in some Zazzle products I made. Here's one of them.



The rest of my alpaca products are available in my Zazzle store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...