Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Where Do the Locals Eat?

Touch of Paso


This is probably the first question I ask when I'm visiting a new town and want to eat. We are budget travelers, but still want a good meal when we eat out. If you find yourself in the same boat while visiting Paso Robles, let me suggest two places where you can get a good meal in Paso Robles without spending a fortune.


Where Do the Locals Eat in Paso Robles?
Touch of Paso Restaurant in Paso Robles


The first, pictured above, is Touch of Paso. It's on 14th Street and Pine, right across 14th Street from the antique stores I wrote about yesterday. It took a few years here before I discovered it because I had not yet met many of my fellow Paso Roblans. It was only after I moved my mother to this area in 1995 and she began to meet people that she took me to Touch of Paso. I've been going back ever since.

Touch of Paso is only open for breakfast and lunch, and it closes at 2 PM, so you have to plan accordingly. It's best to get in by 1 because some foods can become less available close to closing time. If you go there for lunch after church, it's likely to be crowded and you may have to wait.

You can get a great breakfast there, and they make wonderful cinnamon rolls. The lunch menu has a variety of soups, salads and sandwiches to suit every taste. All is reasonably priced. You can read about the history of the building and see the menu on the Touch of Paso website.

China Gourmet


If it's after two and you're hungry or if you just prefer Chinese food, you will want to try the China Gourmet Restaurant in the Albertson's shopping center on Niblick Road, on the east side of the bridge. It's only a ten-minute drive from downtown, and there is plenty of parking. We won't eat Chinese food anywhere else.


Where Do the Locals Eat in P{aso Robles?
China Gourmet, February, 2015, © Barbara Radisavljevic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...