Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Where I Live -- My Neighborhood

Like all cities, Paso Robles has its distinct neighborhoods. Most neighborhoods within the city limits have a park within a short distance. I am fortunate that the one in our neighborhood, Larry Moore Park, is only a short walk away. This is my neighborhood.

It is not a large neighborhood. It sits between the Salinas River on one side, which is just out of sight behind the park, and South River Road, which you can't see because I used a zoom lens to make the houses show. I was shooting from across the 101 Freeway, which is on the other side of the river.  The river is accessed from the park. The telephone poles in the background run along South River Road, and the green hill are on the other side of that road. The houses on that hill form a different neighborhood.

If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can see my house. I marked it with a red x on the garage door. It is right across the street from a large oak tree. Out of sight to the left of this photo is a shopping center anchored by Walmart, Staples, and J.C. Penny. Out of sight to the right is a wall to separate the tract from the Charolais River Trail . So if you are on the trail headed back to the park, on the right will be the wall of the tract. On the left will be the view of the backs of the parcels of the homes and small farms on Oak Lane, where the pig in my post A Pig -- Up Close and Personal lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...