Tuesday, March 31, 2015

An Unexpected Horse Encounter

I had no idea where I would go photo hunting today, since time was limited. I had to go to Templeton, so I decided to explore a road to its very end, just to see where it went. I almost couldn't get on it because the road entrance was blocked by a huge tow truck trying to get a stalled motorist back on the road. They recommended I just go over the low curb to get around them. So reluctantly, I did.

The road I had selected was Twelve Oaks Drive that goes past the Doce Robles winery, vineyards, and tasting room. I had often walked part of that road, but I never had seen where it ended. It actually wasn't as long as I thought it might be. It's curvy and goes through a grove of oaks and then crosses over a dry creek on a sort of bridge. As I was crossing the bridge, I look over the edge and saw this. You can click on the picture to make it bigger.

I zoomed in to get a closer view. I could tell it was a beautiful horse.


I was parked on the bridge and had gotten out of my car to snap the pictures. That's when I discovered this lovely horse had friends.  I had gotten back in the car, and when I looked out the window, I saw the group moving toward the bridge and my car. They seemed curious.



I would have loved to have stayed and watched them longer, but I was parked right on the bridge and there was nowhere to park on the side of the road. The road ended on private property almost as soon as I crossed the creek. I reluctantly headed for home. Fortunately the road was no longer blocked.

Have you had any surprises today?



6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful find! Your region is one I would love to explore someday. I've only been to California once, but is on my definite "want to do again" list. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know if you're ever in my area. I'll show you my favorite off-the-beaten track places.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet surprise to be met by horses on your road adventure! Great choice for great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, they were beautiful horses. At first I just saw the one. Then the others seemed to appear from nowhere. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...