Monday, March 2, 2015

A Windmill on My Mind

A Windmill on My Mind
Windmill at Castoro Cellars Vineyard



























I love the scenery to be found in the Bethel Road Vineyards in Templeton / Paso Robles. One special subject I like to photograph is this windmill in the vineyard at Castoro Winery. On February 28, the clouds promised rain. After dropping off someone at our Templeton house near the time for the sun to set, I headed straight to Bethel Road, hoping to shoot the windmill with the setting sun as a backdrop. Before I could get there, it began to rain.

Did I want to risk getting my camera wet to get this shot? It seemed the drops were farther apart, so I parked along the road and sheltered my camera, trying to protect all I could of it while not shooting straight into the sun. These were not the best shooting conditions, and this is the best I could do under the circumstances. I had hoped to have the windmill in the light, but it would not have worked while the sun was still so bright -- in spite of the rain. Here's a different view I took of this same windmill and put on a poster at Zazzle.



For contrast I offer this photo taken on June 23, 2013, during the day, while the vines were green and the sky was blue. This photo shows you more of the beauty of the vineyard itself. If you ever visit Templeton, you should pay a visit to Castoro Cellars. The windmill is just an introduction to a great experience.

Windmill at Castoro Cellars
© Barbara Radisavljevic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...