Friday, March 6, 2015

Exploring Venteux Vineyards in Templeton

Exploring Venteux Vineyards in Templeton
© Barbara Radisavljevic



On the way home from a doctor appointment Tuesday, I decided it was time to stop and explore the vineyards at the Venteux Winery and tasting room in Templeton. Usually I never get beyond the front, building, the estate house (pictured here), but this time I discovered the windmill in back by the tasting room and there was a basketball court next to it where a team was being coached. (See below.)




Windmill at Venteux Winery and Vineyards, © Barbara Radisavljevic
Windmill at Venteux Winery and Vineyards, © Barbara Radisavljevic



I took this photo of the windmill from the ground level, but the other photos were taken when I was on the hill near the water tower above one of the vineyards. You can click any of these photos to enlarge them.

From the hill I had a great view of the sky, and the turkey vultures were circling overhead. Unfortunately there is not room to show you all the photos I took here. But I do want to show you two more. When I was at the very top of the hill, I could look down on one of the Templeton neighborhoods and the hills beyond it. It was those hills I had been trying to find a clear view of all day. They are south of where I'm standing.



Hills Above Venteux Winery and Vineyards
Hills Above Venteux Winery and Vineyards, © Barbara Radisavljevic



I came down the hill through the vineyard and from there I took this last photo of the winery itself -- the place where the magic happens.


Venteux Winery and Vineyards
 Venteux Winery and Vineyards, © Barbara Radisavljevic



You can see even more beautiful photos and learn more about Venteux wines at the Venteux website.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog about the Venteux Vineyards. Great job! Super photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those pictures of the winery are stunning! My favourite is the one with the windmill :) We went to a winery in Auckland (New Zealand) recently, and it was really cool as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I think wineries are taking over the world. I've been enjoying the photos on your blog, too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...