Sunday, July 26, 2015

You Should See the Ones That Got Away

Deer on Vineyard Drive on Private Property, © B. Radisavljevic
Tonight on my way to Trader Joe's along Vineyard Drive in Templeton I saw a doe and her small fawns crossing the street into the shrubs on my side of the street. How I would have loved a photo, but there was no good place to park and chase them. I had only gone about a block more when I saw a deer on my side cross to the other side. I did stop to give chase, but by the time I had parked and found the deer,  it was all the way at the back of a deep lot. I had to use a zoom  to get this. What's strange is that it didn't move while I was trying to capture this picture. This is one of my few deer encounters this year. You can enlarge the photo by clicking on it.

3 comments:

  1. He looks like he's posing there for you! He probably gets his picture taken all the time, living that close to human civilization...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen as many deer during this drought year, but maybe that's because I'm not living at home.

      Delete
  2. Up in Happy Camp when I first got there around 2000, there were a lot of deer crossing the roads and visiting our yard. A few years later, the mountain lion population took over. Deer became less frequently seen. It will probably change back to the other way again... the balance in nature keeps changing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...