Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Rare Sight in the Sky Over Paso Robles

'Copters Over Paso Robles Library


As I was leaving the library this evening, I saw something I've never seen before. On the way to my car I happened to look up at the sky and I saw a row of at least five helicopters flying one after the other. I have often seen single helicopters, but never a row of them like this.

A Rare Sight in the Sky Over Paso Robles


A Rare Sight in the Sky Over Paso Robles

I raced to car to get my camera, but they were some distance away. I took one quick shot (see below) that had most of them, but they are very tiny in the photo. I used a zoom to get the top picture, but by the time I got it in focus, most of the copters were hidden by the trees. I could have cropped this picture to the right more drastically, but I didn't want to chop anymore of the sky off. I cut most of the treetops off instead. The planes were flying northwest. You can click to make it a bit larger.

What's the most unusual thing you've seen in the sky lately?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it makes you wonder who was there and why! I used to see some strange military aircraft pass over the Klamath River Valley - sometimes flying low. I always wondered what was going on as there are no nearby bases I know of. In one of my novels there was a hidden underground military base in one of the caves. But... that's fiction only, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never quite get our curiosity satisfied about some of these mysteries. We do have Camp Roberts, a National Guard base 20 miles north of us, so the copters could have been from there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...