Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Cattle Anyone?

Cow in Paso RoblesNorth San Luis Obispo County is home to many cattle. I decided to share some of my cattle photos so that my friend my friend Rhonda Albom will see that they are not really too scary.I'll admit, though, that the longhorns might be intimidating. Most of these cattle have been photographed in Paso Robles, but one is from Templeton. This first animal lives only a few blocks from me in Paso Robles. I saw it on a walk Near South River Road.

Cattle in Paso Robles on Hwy 46 West, © B. Radisavljevic


These cattle were living in wine country next door to the old Eagle Castle when I took their picture. I'm afraid some might think that longhorn is a bit frightening. I'd forgotten it was in this photo.







Cow in Paso Robles,  © B. Radisavljevic
Cow Behind My Church



Maybe the last place you'd expect to find cattle would be at church. Maybe that's because your church isn't in a rural area. I was very surprised to climb the hill in back of our church one day to photograph the oak tree I knew was there, and find cattle. I decided this cow was a good subject, but she wasn't alone.



This cow was near the fence when I first tried to capture her with my camera. By the time I got to the fence, she had decided to play hard to get. I wanted to get her horns in the photo, but she kept turning her back and walking away from me. This is the best I could do. This cow lives in rural Templeton east of the river.


2 comments:

  1. LOL - Fail! They are more scary than ever. Not the one by your church, she looks cuddly and adorable, but the two photos with the horns, OMG - they are super scary. Seriously, I love this post and thanks for the mention. You are so sweet for trying to help me over my fear of cows. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought maybe those horns would freak you out. Those are the cattle I ran into on my hike through a state park -- a herd of them a few feet from me. I was afraid to move. I didn't know they were longhorns. I thought they were bulls. I was still living in the suburbs then and knew even less about cattle than I know now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...