Thursday, July 23, 2015

How Much is the Kitty in the Window?

Cat Looking out Window, © B. Radisavljevic
Many years ago I read a book called The Fur Person by May Sarton, that perfectly captured the personality of an independent cat who decided one day to choose a person to settle down with. I loved the book. One of the regular parts of the gentleman cat's day was "to read the newspaper." That meant finding a good place to observe the world and see what was happening. I thought of that as I walked past
Check out Price
this house in my neighborhood one day and saw this cat through the window, looking out -- probably "reading the newspaper."

If cats fascinate you, you won't want to miss this book. It's been around a long time, but it's still available.  It contains ten original drawings and a fictionalized story for grown-ups of a cat about town, The Fur Person, and his search for a suitable home with a suitable housekeeper.