Thursday, July 23, 2015

Is Your Kitty a Fur Person Who Has Chosen You?

Does a Fur Person Live with You?



Many years ago I read a book called The Fur Person by May Sarton, that perfectly captured the personality of an independent cat who decided one day to choose a person to settle down with. I loved the book. One of the regular parts of the gentleman cat's day was "to read the newspaper." That meant finding a good place to observe the world and see what was happening. I thought of that as I walked past this house in my neighborhood one day and saw this cat through the window, looking out -- probably "reading the newspaper."


Is Your Kitty a Fur Person Who Has Chosen You?
Fur Person Looking out Window, © B. Radisavljevic


If cats fascinate you, you won't want to miss this book. It's been around a long time, but it's still available.  It contains ten original drawings and a fictionalized story for grown-ups of a cat about town, The Fur Person, and his search for a suitable home with a suitable housekeeper.


I highly recommend you get a paper edition if you don't have an eReader that properly displays illustrations. The illustrations are an important part of the book.The gift edition above is perfect. This book should be an important part of any cat lover's library. Get it for someone you love, even if that happens to be you.





4 comments:

  1. Both the cat photo and the book description capture a cat-personality so perfectly! Thanks for sharing this, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the book because it reminded me of every cat I've ever known.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a good book. I read books about cats when I was young too. I'm going to check this out at Amazon... you've given me some good ideas with this cat posting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a book I had been given or picked up used at a garage or library sale. I think I finally sold it after reading it, since I bought it for inventory.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...