Friday, July 3, 2015

Water in the Salinas River in Templeton

Crossing the Bridge on Vineyard Dr., Templeton, July, © B. Radisavljevic
I had to go to Trader Joe's tonight after not having been anywhere for at least a week. Since the temperature had cooled off by 7:30, I decided to check out the east side of Templeton and try to get some photos. As I drove over this bridge on Vineyard Drive, I saw some water in the river. I crossed the bridge and parked. Notice how brown the field is.

Looking Down at the Salinas River to the South, on Vineyard Dr., © B. Radisavljevic
After I had parked and walked to the middle of the bridge, I took some photos of the water in the river to the south. I wish I'd had a way to capture the depth of this scene. The bridge wasn't tall, but the river was a very long way down.





Looking Down at the Salinas River to the North, on Vineyard Dr., © B. Radisavljevic
This is the view from the other side of the bridge, looking north toward Paso Robles. I realize this isn't enough water to get excited about, but it did show that Templeton got more rain than we did this week. You can enlarge any of these photos by clicking on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...