Thursday, March 19, 2015

Surprised by a Hidden Trail

View looking down hill on Oxen St. © B. Radisavljevic I had been very busy inside today and by 5:30 I still hadn't decided where to take my photo walk -- especially since I had a meeting at 7. I finally had no choice but to go to the meeting area a few minutes early, drop my husband at the meeting place, and take a walk, knowing the meeting would probably start late, as usual. So that's what I did.

Trail off Oxen St.,  © B. Radisavljevic
The meeting was in a home on Oxen Street in Paso Robles. As I was coming down the hill to the home, this was the view at the top of the hill before I went down. (Above)

I had walked in this residential neighborhood before, but not very far. I parked down the road past the house where the meeting way and then started to walk up. I saw some children coming toward the sidewalk from what appeared to be a path to the right. When I asked, they said it was indeed a walking trail. So, of course, I decided to explore it for a few minutes.

Lupine in bloom,   © B. Radisavljevic

As I started down the trail, the first thing I noticed were the wild flowers in bloom. There was clover, and a lot of yellow flowers I can't name. But the most beautiful flowers were the lupine. I look forward to having them bloom every year.

As I continued down the path I saw a bridge ahead, so I continued on. It turned out that it was over a creek that actually had water in it. That's a rare site during this drought.

Path to Creek © B. Radisavljevic


Naturally, I crossed the bridge to see the creek. There was a tall oak on the other side of it that reflected into the water. I was torn as to whether to get the reflection or the height of the tree. I chose the reflection.




Reflection of Tree in Creek, © B. Radisavljevic


Because I was trying to capture the reflection of the tree in the creek, the camera was too low to capture the sky, which was beginning to display the setting sun. The path back to the car led me through the wild flowers again and I kept pausing to take pictures of the sky.

I shot it through the trees, with the tops of the trees, and with buildings in the background -- however I could only capture the pastel colors, since the sun itself was already down. I will leave you with this final photo of the sunset as I climbed back up the hill toward my car and the meeting.


To me, a sunset is God's final blessing to mark the end of day. Have you had any surprises or special blessings today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...