Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Blur of Fur in the Flowers at Peachy Canyon Tasting Room

In the early evening last night I was exploring Bethel Road, and that always means I make a stop to walk the grounds at Peachy Canyon's Tasting Room. It is a very peaceful place when all the people are gone, and I wanted some summer photos.

Fur in the Flowers at Peachy Canyon Tasting Room, © B. Radisavljevic


As I left my car and started to walk through the entrance, I heard unhappy meows. I looked around to see if Peaches or Herbie, the winery's Maine Coon cats were around, but I  couldn't see any cats at all. The meows continued. The sounds seemed to come from the flowers near the entrance, so I took a closer look, and as I approached I heard movement. Then I saw some fur among the flowers.

I waited, and sure enough, a cat emerged. It kept meowing, but my last experience with a cat I met on a walk resulted in a crop of flea bites on my leg, so I opted not to get too friendly this time. I had nothing to feed it and no drink to give it. It gave me an accusing look.




Cat Found at Peachy Canyon Tasting Room, © B. Radisavljevic



Since I could think of nothing else to do, I continued my short walk through the grounds. I ignored the fact that I was being followed. It seems the kitty gave up after that and disappeared. I found out later it was Herbie and I just hadn't recognized him.

Cat at Peachy Canyon Tasting Room Following Me, © B. Radisavljevic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...