Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Blur of Fur in the Flowers at Peachy Canyon Tasting Room

Fur in the Flowers at Peachy Canyon Tasting Room, © B. Radisavljevic
In the early evening last night I was exploring Bethel Road, and that always means I make a stop to walk the grounds at Peachy Canyon's Tasting Room. It is a very peaceful place when all the people are gone, and I wanted some summer photos. As I left my car and started to walk through the entrance, I heard unhappy meows. I looked around to see if Peaches or Herbie, the winery's Maine Coon cats were around, but I  couldn't see any cats at all. The meows continued. The sounds seemed to come from the flowers near the entrance, so I took a closer look, and as I approached I heard movement. Then I saw some fur among the flowers. (If anyone knows the name of the flowers please tell me in the comments. I've been trying to find the name for years.)

Cat Found at Peachy Canyon Tasting Room, © B. Radisavljevic
I waited, and sure enough, a cat emerged. It kept meowing, but my last experience with a cat I met on a walk resulted in a crop of flea bites on my leg, so I opted not to get too friendly this time. I had nothing to feed it and no drink to give it. It gave me an accusing look.

Since I could think of nothing else to do, I continued my short walk through the grounds. I ignored the fact that I was being followed. It seems the kitty gave up after that and disappeared.

Cat at Peachy Canyon Tasting Room Following Me, © B. Radisavljevic