Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Where There's Smoke, There's Fire

I went to Atascadero today to buy shoes, and as I drove south I could see smoke in the air. It was far enough away so that it almost looked like a dark cloud, but I knew better. The sky was not cloudy.


Smoke from Cuesta Fire, August 17, © B. Radisavljevic


I knew the smoke was from the Cuesta Fire burning near Santa Margarita. I had to wait until I finished getting my shoes, and then I tried to find a place not blocked by buildings where I could take a photo. I finally wound up at Heilmann Regional Park and I took this photo from the parking lot above the Dove Reservation Area. The smoke had flattened a bit from the higher plumes I'd seen earlier, but you can still see a layer of gray above the mountains and trees toward the right side. Please click to enlarge the photo.

Are any fires burning near where you live?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...