Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Where There's Smoke, There's Fire

I went to Atascadero today to buy shoes, and as I drove south I could see smoke in the air. It was far enough away so that it almost looked like a dark cloud, but I knew better. The sky was not cloudy.


Smoke from Cuesta Fire, August 17, © B. Radisavljevic


I knew the smoke was from the Cuesta Fire burning near Santa Margarita. I had to wait until I finished getting my shoes, and then I tried to find a place not blocked by buildings where I could take a photo. I finally wound up at Heilmann Regional Park and I took this photo from the parking lot above the Dove Reservation Area. The smoke had flattened a bit from the higher plumes I'd seen earlier, but you can still see a layer of gray above the mountains and trees toward the right side. Please click to enlarge the photo.

Are any fires burning near where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...