Saturday, August 22, 2015

An After Dinner Rose at Sizzler

Foil Rose
Last year we had to make many trips to Ventura on business. On one of these trips we ate at a Sizzler Restaurant, one of the few remaining ones I know of in Ventura County. We enjoyed our meal and our waiter was very attentive. We got talking to him, and it turned out he was from the Middle East. I can't remember which country at the moment. His wife was visiting her parents there. Before we left, he took a piece of foil and made me this rose. I had never had that happen before. Have you? Perhaps it was something new that Sizzler waiters had been trained to do, but it had never happened to me at any other  Sizzler.

What is the most unusual thing a waiter or waitress or server has done for you?

Have you ever made a foil rose?

2 comments:

  1. Earlier this year my daughter took me out to dinner, with her family. As we were finishing our meal the waitress came to tell us that our dinner had been paid for... by a family that had been sitting behind us. We never even got to see the people who were so kind to pay for our food, because they had just left. This was at the Red Lobster in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the kind of story that renews my faith in people. What a special reminder that God's looking out for you and your family.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...