Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Bicycle Built for Two on Vineyard Drive in Templeton

Riding Tandem Bike on Vineyard Drive in Templeton, CA, ©B. Radisavljevic
Barbara Radisavljevic, Templeton/Paso Robles, CA, United States
This is Theme Day for City Daily Photo Bloggers. The theme this month is "bicycle." This has always been one of my favorite photos, so I have pulled it out to share today. I took it one February day in 2011 as I was walking along Vineyard Drive in Templeton.






Riding Tandem Bike on Vineyard Drive in Templeton, CA, ©B. Radisavljevic
Barbara Radisavljevic, Templeton/Paso Robles, CA, United States

These cyclists were passing me as I stood beside the Turley Winery. I had been photographing weed seedlings, poison oak, miner's lettuce and the oak forest on the other side of the street and had just crossed the street to take pictures of Turley's freestanding vines along the road. As I looked up, the cyclists passed me and waved. They said I could take the photo. They appeared to be enjoying their ride.  I hadn't seen a tandem bike on this road before.

You can click photos to enlarge them.

See how City Daily Photo bloggers from around the world handled this theme.

Do you see many tandem bikes where you live?

Check out tandem bikes on eBay.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a tandem bike here in Idaho. However, there's a nice single-person bike sitting in my hallway. I haven't ridden it since last winter... because in January my foot started to hurt. I recently found out it is a fracture - probably from walking last year. When I moved in January it got worse. I miss being able to ride my bike. For a long time it was in the storage room outside... but I brought it in. I figured if I couldn't ride it, I could at least enjoy looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes sense. I'm sorry your foot is preventing your getting your exercise. Mine gave me problems tonight at the gym. Then I discovered I'd forgotten to change into the proper shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...