Saturday, October 21, 2017

Watching the Goats Who Live Near Larry Moore Park

A Parade of Goats to Photograph


Yesterday as I was about ready to load up my camera and go home from my walk, I found a reason to stay longer.  A farmer with property adjoining the park opened a gate to let his goats run into a pen right in front of me. In they hurried, one by one, and each immediately started looking for something to eat. It was hard to get the photos I wanted because of the fence between me and the goats and the speed at which they moved.


Watching the Goats Who Live Near Larry Moore Park


The Goat Photos


Nevertheless, I did get a few photos, and I discovered some of these goats did not seem in great shape. At first I thought this one just didn't want to turn his head toward the camera.



Watching the Goats Who Live Near Larry Moore Park


Then I discovered after watching for a few minutes it probably couldn't turn its head. I had to wonder what had happened to this poor creature.


Watching the Goats Who Live Near Larry Moore Park


This goat seems to not have problems - at least to my untrained eye from a distance. In case you're wondering, that white spot near the top edge is a cat.




This goat also has both horns and holds its head normally.




This goat knows exactly what its job is and is going about it diligently. You are seeing the riverbed in the background. I'm using a zoom because the goats are far from where I'm standing, so the river looks closer than it really is.



There were other goats, but they weren't as easy to photograph. I would have liked a better picture of this last one, but every time it jumped up to see over the fence and greet me, it jumped back down before I could get in focus. I finally got this much of it. I think it wants to be a unicorn. Though I guess it didn't choose to lose its other horn.




Have you ever had a goat? Have you ever wanted one? Feel free to share your goat experiences in the comments. I'd also love to hear any comments you have about these goats -- especially if you know their stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...