Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Here's the Caboose of the October Ultimate Blog Challenge

The October Ultimate Blog Challenge Ends Today


It's been quite a ride! I'm rather sad to see it end. Thirty post cars have passed and this is the caboose.

Here's the Caboose of the October Ultimate Blog Challenge
Caboose on site at Pomar Junction Winery in Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic


It's been an exciting journey. I've enjoying meeting and reading many bloggers I didn't know before. I have followed many of them on  social media sites so I don't lose track of them. I have subscribed to many of their blogs. Here are just a few of them. I encourage you to pay their blogs a visit.


  • Inspired by His Words, an urban contemporary Christian lifestyle blog by Ava James
  • My Warrior Mom Life: A mom fights for her troubled teen and a lifestyle with less dependence on electronics. 
  • Healthy Heart 4 Life: Ute Goldkuhle blogs about a healthy lifestyle.
  • Home-Cooked and Handmade: Jill Robbins posts recipes and instructions on how to make many useful things yourself. 
  • The Martha Review: Martha DeMeo reviews books and products for every part of life, links to coupons and great deals, and shares her love of photography.
  • Ramblin with AM: Alana Mautone shares my interest in history, gardening,  photography, and more. I enjoy her observations and photos. 

What's Next?

Here's the Caboose of the October Ultimate Blog Challenge
Picnic Tables beside Santa Fe Train Cars at Pomar Junction Winery in Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic



The challenge has renewed my interest in this blog. I don't know if I'll be able to keep posting every day, but I will try to post at least two days a week and on Theme Day, the first day of each month. Of all my blogs, this is the one I enjoy most. I enjoy spotlighting my favorite places, events, and nature photos from the Paso Robles area. Here are the other blogs I write or contribute to: 

  • Barb's Writing Life: This is where I post my observations on the various content and social blogging sites that keep popping up, as well as the more established ones like HubPages. I review some of those sites and analyze why some succeed and others don't. I use the site pages to hold work  I'm moving from other sites on a variety of topics. Most are being revised and transferred from HubPages and some of the sites that have closed. I expect to put more time into this site in the future. 
  • Books to Remember: This site is dedicated to books and resources for home and school educators. The link goes to the blog. The tabs cover various education resources and children's authors with reviews of books. 
  • Bookworm Buffet: Here I review many of the books I've enjoyed reading myself, fiction and nonfiction. I don't have time to review everything I read or I'd never have time to read. I tend to review Christian fiction and mysteries most of the time. I also review memoirs. 
  • A California Life: I'm a life-long Californian and I use posts in this blog to share my state as I've known it for almost eighty years with photos, memories, and tidbits of California history 
  • Barb's Garden Observations: This was my first blog just for fun. It details what I've done in my gardens over 25 years and what I've learned about the plants. I only post to this blog when I have time to get out into the garden and work or take photos. That's not as often as I'd like these days. 
  • ReviewThisReviews is a group blog I contribute to twice a month. It's devoted to book, movie, music, and other product reviews for products that our contributors have used. The link goes to my own contributions, but you will also find links to the work of the other contributors and the most popular subjects on the blog. It's getting to be a very popular blog. 
My other blogs not listed here will probably not exist independently or grow much longer. I simply don't have time for them anymore.

Here's the Caboose of the October Ultimate Blog Challenge
Caboose on site at Pomar Junction Winery in Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic


Thank you for taking this journey with me. I hope you will continue to visit even now that the caboose is here. Only the challenge is over. The blog goes on bringing my unique observations of living on the California Central Coast in the midst of wine country. See you on the next train in November.


Here's the Caboose of the October Ultimate Blog Challenge
Partial View 
Caboose on site at Pomar Junction Winery in Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...