Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Sights at Summerwood Inn at the End of September

Summerwood Inn, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic
On Sunday I decided to photograph some of the newly planted vineyards along Highway 46 West. I had noticed one going in at Summerwood, so I parked and walked over for a closer look. This photo shows the way  the bed and breakfast inn looks from the road. On Sunday, though, I discovered a few things you can't see by just driving by.

Aerated Lawn Summerwood Inn, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic
Since the young vineyard was on the other side of the inn, beyond the lawn, I decided to walk across the lawn to  get there. I didn't want the fence by the road blocking my view. As I began to walk across the lawn I had some misgivings when I saw this. The entire lawn looked like this. A closer look showed me these were not doggy presents, but instead soil plugs from a newly aerated lawn. You can click the photo (or any other on this page) to see it full size in more detail.

Yellow Pear Tomatoes, Summerwood Inn, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic


When I got to the other side of the lawn, I was surprised to see a vegetable garden. It would appear that it supplies some of the produce used by the chef. I know there were heirloom tomatoes still growing. These are yellow pear tomatoes. I also saw some red tomatoes that I assume were heirlooms.







Pumpkins, Summerwood Inn Garden, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic



Then I saw some large squashes and / or pumpkins. I'm not sure which these large ones are. I suspect they are pumpkins that are not yet completely ripe or a  variety that does not turn orange.




After I passed the garden I finally made it to the young vineyard. Don't forget to click so you can see the photo full size.

Young Vineyard, Summerwood, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...