Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Welcome Rain

I Saw Raindrops Through My Window


As I was revising a piece of writing this afternoon, I was startled to see raindrops falling as I glanced out the window. It was hard to believe, so I dashed outside to check, and sure enough. There was a light rain falling. What a blessing! Once before I was so happy to see rain break a drought that I wrote this poem about rain.



The Welcome Rain
Leaning Pine Tree about to Fall,  © B. Radisavljevic


I Escape from The Noise of Cutting the Tree


I took a lunch break after my headache-inducing afternoon of filling out loan applications and editing. Just as I was starting lunch, Hubby called to say he'd hired someone to cut down that leaning pine you see in the photo, and he'd arrive in about fifteen minutes.  I was not in any condition to listen to a power saw for two hours, so I finished lunch quickly and was out the door almost as soon as the man arrived to cut that tree that's about to fall. As usual, I headed for the library with a book to read as my escape.

A Walk Around the Park


My head still hurt and the library was a bit stuffy and not all that quiet, so I decided to take a walk around the park. I love to walk on overcast days when it's cool enough. The clouds make the sky beautiful on days when it has just rained.


The Welcome Rain
Eleventh Street Between Rain Storms, © B. Radisavljevic













I grabbed my camera and headed over to Park Street from the library parking lot. I walked toward Pine Street and took this photo of the sky at a little after six.


As I walked through and around the park I saw that it really is getting to be autumn. I will show you photos later in the week to support that. Nature is putting on quite a show. But today I cared mostly about the sky. As I approached Spring Street from the park, I focused on the clouds above and to the left of the Paso Robles Inn Coffee Shop.


The Welcome Rain
Sky Above Paso Robles Inn Coffee Shop Between Rain Storms, © B. Radisavljevic

















After I took the picture above, I decided to go back to the car and read a bit more until it was time to head for the gym. It began to rain again about seven. I decided to skip the gym to avoid being out in the rain. I went home only to discover the tree cutter's saw wasn't working and the tree was still there. So I guess we will go through this again soon after the saw is fixed


Below we see San Luis Obispo in the Rain. I took the picture from the car while we were stopped at a traffic light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...