Friday, September 4, 2015

Short August Visit to Jack Creek Farms

Giant Sweet Candy Onions at Jack Creek Farms, © B. Radisavljevic
Last year I used to go to Jack Creek Farms often because it was only a mile down the road from me on 46 West. This year I'm in Paso Robles most of the time, so I didn't get there until August 8.  I expected to see the pumpkins and squashes on diplay they've usually had at this time of year, but this year they are missing. I didn't see any corn this year, either. But I did see these giant onions still on display just outside the store. You have to see them  to believe how big they really are. You can click the photo to make it larger.

Silk Tree in Bloom and Play Train at Jack Creek Farms, © B. Radisavljevic
Though it does not appear there will be a corn maze or pumpkin patch this year, there's still plenty to keep visiting children busy. Under this blooming silk tree is a wooden train big enough for the kids to play on. Behind that are some bales of hay to climb on. Remember you can click the photo to make it larger.



This Year's Heirloom Tomatoes Growing at Jack Creek Farms, © B. Radisavljevic
I was happy to see that the heirloom tomatoes are growing again this year. They are currently on sale in the store and you may even get to pick your own. I did that last year, and they were delicious. This might be a good weekend to vist Jack Creek Farms. You can see their ripe tomatoes on my Facebook Page for this blog.  I invite you to like the page while you are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...