Monday, September 14, 2015

Just a Lazy Sunday and a Movie, The War Room

Sunday Sundown in Mid-September, © B. RadisavljevicThough it was still a bit hot and muggy Sunday, I was able to spend a couple of hours on some serious writing, see that we ate a simple but nutritious lunch, and get a couple of things crossed off my to-do list. After lunch we managed to get to the 4:15 showing of The War Room at the Park Cinemas Theater.

I'm really not a movie person. I'd rather read, but we have friends talking about the movie so we went. The hardest part of the movie theater experience for me is having to sit through the previews of movies I would never want to see. At least today the previews were compatible with the movie we went to see, but I still did not enjoy having violence in my face.

The movie itself shows how prayer can change situations that seem impossible, such as the failing marriage focused on in The War Room. I believe the message of The War Room is an important one as marriages and families keep crumbling in America. I hope those in troubled marriages will see that there is an alternative to divorce that can actually heal marriages and restore the relationships that have been hurt by arguing and even betrayal. There is a way out of the hopelessness some couples feel when their relationship has deteriorated. There is always hope. If the movie isn't playing near you, you can get it here.

When we got home, I opened the windows to catch the slightly cool breeze. I took the photo you see above of the sunset, and then I watered. It would be nice not to have to arrange my schedule around watering times.

How did you spend your Sunday?

Park Cinemas Theater, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic
This is where we saw the movie today. The postcard is available at Zazzle.
.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...