Monday, September 21, 2015

Meet "Veritas" -- Another Statue in an Unlikely Spot

"Veritas" Horse Statue in Front of Rossi Law Office, Paso Robles, © B. Radisavljevic
I noticed this statue of a horse last week when I was driving by it on Spring Street. I don't know if it's new or whether I had just never noticed it before. It dominates the front yard of the Rossi Law Offices in Paso Robles. I was not able to get any information on the artist from the statue, but an online search told me the horse statue has been named Veritas, which means "truth." Evidently there was a contest to name the statue and the winner who came up with Veritas is Erik Mauk from Atascadero.

I'm looking forward to possibly discovering more art where I least expect to see it -- art outside the marketplace or the galleries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...