Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Hazy Early Evening Sun with Clouds at Castoro Cellars Vineyard

Castoro Cellars Windmill in Early Evening, © B. Radisavljevic
Sunday night I started my search for the Super Blood Moon early. One web site said the eclipse might start before 6 PM, and I was still in 46 West Wine Country at that time. I planned to stop at my favorite sky viewing vineyards to see if the moon  was up yet. It wasn't. My first stop was on Bethel Road beside the Castoro Cellars windmill. I couldn't find the moon in the east, but I did see this to the west. You will see more detail if you click any of these photos to enlarge them.

Cloudy Sky View East of Bethel Road, © B. Radisavljevic
I wandered across the street to where the Veris Tasting Room used to be. I should have known then, when I took this photo, that it would be hard to see the moon. It should have already risen and been visible here. The clouds were already covering it. This was taken withing minutes of the other photos on this page.


Hazy Sun View from Castoro Vineyard, © B. Radisavljevic

Since I knew the moon was invisible, I walked back across the street to Castoro's vineyard. If you enlarge the photo and look closely, you can read part of the Castoro Cellars name on the closed gate. I'm  hoping you will notice the low layer of clouds on the horizon on the right.


Hazy Sun View from Castoro Vineyard, © B. Radisavljevic


You can see that layer even better in this shot. I used a zoom here, so everything looks a bit bigger than in the photo above on the left. I hope you will click  this to see the full size shot.

Although I was disappointed not to  see the super moon, the clouds that covered it made for magnificent sunset photos. See those sunsets here if you missed last night's post.

If you don't want to miss any special events in the sky, you might consider purchasing the book below -- one of the best for sky watchers. Just click below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...