Saturday, February 20, 2016

Goats -- on Farms and as Art

Reclining Goatess, Photo © B. Radisavljevic
I meet a lot of goats in North San Luis Obispo County. I see most goats on small farms, but occasionally I see one as art, like this one I found at Studios on the Park in the Fine Crafts Studio. Unfortunately, I could not find the artist's name. 

Goats are pretty common around the rural areas of Templeton and Paso Robles, especially around organic farms and nurseries. I used some in promotional photos in my blogs, such as this one about a foster child who was in between homes and coming to a new one in the town of In Between, Texas. The book is called In Between.  The goat in the introductory photo came from the now departed Fat Cat Farm in Templeton. If you click through, I think you will figure out why  I used it.

Goat at Jack Creek Farms, © B. Radisavljevic
Goats at Finley Family Nursery in Templeton, © B. Radisavljevic



I used one of the goats in that last photo as my model in this  birthday card I made on Zazzle. I think you will see the resemblance.


Happy Birthday! Greeting Card
Happy Birthday! Greeting Card
View other Birthday Cards at Zazzle.com
The inside says "Happy Birthday, you old goat."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...