Friday, February 19, 2016

Dramatic Clouds and an Earthquake

Dramatic Clouds and an Earthquake
© B. Radisavljevic
On Thursday afternoon I noticed the sky had some dramatic cloud formations. I thought with  such clouds we would have a spectacular sunset. These cloud photos are from mid afternoon.












Dramatic Clouds and an Earthquake
© B. Radisavljevic

After taking these sky photos, I went back into the house to continue my work on the taxes, hoping to come back at sundown and get some great sunset photos. When I went back outside, all the clouds had disappeared and there was nothing left worth taking a picture of in the sky. 

I came back in the house and started to do some computer work and then my chair started shaking. It wasn't very hard shaking, but it was an earthquake. While I was looking it up online, my husband called from our Templeton house to ask if I had felt it. He said there was a lot of shaking there. By that time I'd found the site and discovered it was a 3.4 earthquake only three miles from Templeton. Here's the news report from the evening of February 18.

When the 6.5 earthquake struck us in 2003, the Templeton house was also affected much more than the house in Paso Robles, where my mom was living at the time, only seven miles northeast of our Templeton home. This is how our upstairs hall in Templeton, lined with bookcases on both sides, looked when the shaking had stopped. 

© B. Radisavljevic
When we called my mom to see how she was, she had hardly noticed it, yet she was only a seven minute drive away. Such is the way of earthquakes. Personally, I prefer the ground to stay in one place.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...