Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Lone Pine in the Clouds and Some Sky Posters

I had to pick up some tax forms in Templeton today. Since I haven't been outside for many days, I decided to take a photo walk along the north end of Main Street. The sky was deep blue with lots of fluffy white clouds in one direction and some darker ones toward the west which seemed to form a band that appeared near the sun. I was anticipating a spectacular sunset like the one we had last night. 

I parked beside the driveway that  led up the hill to the sheriff's station, grabbed my camera, and locked the car. I took a few shots of the trees, including this pine. Then I walked north, hoping  to get shots of the cattle on the hill by the freeway exit and that gorgeous sky. Just as I was ready to  take that first shot, the camera battery informed me it was dead. 

What's worse is that I had thought about taking the spare camera with me, but I hadn't charged it lately and thought it would be wasted effort. I so wanted that sky full of clouds. I could have gone to the top of a hill on the way home after my errands in town were finished and waited for sunset. Instead I had to race the clock home to get there before the sun went down.  Unfortunately, by the time I got home, both the sun and most of the clouds had already disappeared behind the hills,   and all I got was this rather disappointing sunset. You can just see the tail ends of the clouds near the retreating sun.


Has this ever happened to you? 

I was hoping to get photos that look more like the ones in  these sky posters I created on Zazzle while on other photo walks that were more successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...