Saturday, February 6, 2016

Late Friday Afternoon Walk through Paso Robles City Park

Late Friday Afternoon Walk through Paso Robles City Park
Studios on the Park Sign, © B. Radisavljevic
I spent some time at Studios on the Park Friday afternoon to preview the SoundScapes exhibit so I could  share it with you. It was overwhelming and I still need to digest it. Be sure to go  see it. Tonight between 6 and 9 would be a great time to go because there will be music, wine, and refreshments, and most artists will probably be there to talk to. 

I  decided to walk around the park before going back to my car, since I'm in need of exercise and it was still light enough to  get interesting photos -- way too many for one post.    

First I wanted to get a view of 12th Street . This is part of the block between Pine and Park. You will notice the construction sign warning that the sidewalk ahead is closed. They are tearing out much of the park near the 12th Street entrance. More about that in future posts.

Late Friday Afternoon Walk through Paso Robles City Park
Looking Across to 12th Street from City Park, © B. Radisavljevic

In the photo below we are looking across the park toward Powell's Candy Store near the pine and the palm trees. You can click the photo to enlarge it for a better look. You can barely see Park Cinemas in the center back behind the shorter palms. Notice how tall the trees are compared to the buildings, many of which are two story. 

Late Friday Afternoon Walk through Paso Robles City Park
Looking Diagonally Toward Corner of 11th and Pine from City Park, © B. Radisavljevic

As we walk past the old Carnegie Library, now the home of the Historical Society and Museum, you can see part of the construction area. It extends through the center of the park from the 12th Street entrance all the way to this oak tree's fence. 

Late Friday Afternoon Walk through Paso Robles City Park
Walking North Through City Park Past Old Carnegie Library, © B. Radisavljevic

When I was ready  to go back to my car the sun was already low in the sky, so I was able to get this silhouette of the Spring Street skyline. 
Late Friday Afternoon Walk through Paso Robles City Park
Skyline of Spring Street at Dusk from Park, © B. Radisavljevic
I hope you enjoyed walking through the park with me late on this Friday afternoon. We will be taking a closer look at some of the park's trees in future posts. And I promise we will also see a lot more art this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...